I have a minor obsession with all things pumpkin and come fall weather, I want them in everything! Last night I made a batch of pumpkin spice coffee creamer, leaving me with almost a full can of pumpkin. This morning, I thought there was no reason pumpkin pancakes wouldn’t be a fabulous use of some of the leftovers. Since chocolate chips are a treat in regular pancakes, white chocolate chips sounded like a fun addition.
I searched the internet before settling on Martha Stewart’s pumpkin pancake recipe and just added the white chocolate. They were AMAZING! I stumbled on a perfect fall weekend morning treat.
1 1/4 c All Purpose Flour
2 T Sugar
2 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Cinnamon
1/2 tsp Ground Ginger
1/2 tsp Salt
1/8 tsp Nutmeg
Pinch Ground Cloves
1 c Milk
6 T Canned Pumpkin Puree
2 T Melted Butter
White Chocolate Chips – Not sure how much I used, just eyeball it
1. Whisk together dry ingredients
2. Whisk together wet ingredients
3. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients, mix until just wet and the batter is still lumpy.
4. Stir in white chocolate chips.
5. Spoon batter into a skillet or griddle on medium heat
I thought these were plenty sweet without syrup. They were a tad dense, so feel free to add more milk.