These are probably one of the best things I’ve ever made. I can make a whole batch for 2 people and there aren’t enough cookies to keep up with the demand. They are super easy to make, they are yummy and delicious, and they make the house smell really good.
Recipe discovered here.
2 cups all purpose flour 2 tsp baking soda 2 tsp ground cinnamon 2 tsp ground ginger 1 tsp ground cloves Pinch of salt 1 cup packed light brown sugar 1/4 cup molasses 3/4 cup canola oil 1 large egg Sugar for rolling
1. Whisk together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, and salt.
2. In another bowl, mix together brown sugar, molasses, canola oil, and egg until the batter is smooth.
3. Mix the two mixtures together until the dough comes together.
4. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate 20 minutes.
5. Preheat oven to 375 degrees and line baking sheets with parchment paper.
6. Roll the dough into balls a couple teaspoons big and roll the dough balls in sugar.
7. Place on baking sheet, about 2 inches apart.
8. Bake 8-10 minutes, depending on how chewy or crispy you want the cookies.
9. Cookies will be very soft when taken out of the oven. Leave on the baking sheet for a few minutes until they firm up enough to easily move to baking sheet.